WELCOME TO THE MONONA FARMERS MARKET
Market Season: 1st Sunday in May through last Sunday in October
Welcome to your Sunday Funday!
Monona Farmers Market is an award-winning farmers market offering an abundance of fresh foods and local goods from farmers and makers in and near Dane County.
Held every Sunday May through October (rain or shine) at Ahuska Park in Monona from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The market is a safe, open-air experience to stay connected with the community and shop local — without the crowds! It’s not just a place to pick up food but a destination for family fun and a slow Sunday.
Explore affordable, local produce from 30 vendors of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
With incredible fresh veggies and fruits, the market also offers weekly grocery staples and seasonal delights such as:
- Locally owned bakeries’ fresh baked sweets, cookies, cinnamon rolls & breads
- Cheese, poultry, eggs & beef
- Coffee, popcorn, lemonade
- Home-made jellies and jams
- Honey, salsa and spices
- Plants, herbs and flowers
- Handmade soaps
- Food truck with coffee, sandwiches/taco/tamales
Enjoy local music weekly from 10 am to noon. Family & friends are invited to spend time in the park after shopping, enjoying the music and food. (Please leave your dogs at home.)
SNAP/Food Share benefits accepted with Wisconsin Quest card.
Location & Parking
The market is easily accessible from anywhere in the Madison area. It is located on Madison’s south side right off the beltline at Ahuska Park 400 E. Broadway.
Ahuska Park has a playground, shelter with picnic tables and accessible, clean bathrooms. The park is the perfect gathering spot after shopping at the market.
Plenty of free parking and bike racks are on site.
Walking, Biking, and Accessibility
The market is barrier-free and wheel-chair accessible.
It’s easily walkable and bikeable from other parts of the community. (Bikers – You can extend your Lake Monona Bike Loop ride to include the market – no problem!)
- McFarland: 10-min drive
- Cottage Grove: 12-min drive
- Downtown Monona: 5-min drive
- Rimrock Road area: 6-min drive
- Downtown Madison: 10-15 min drive
- Olbrich Area (east): 9-min drive
- Willy Street: 15-min drive
- Stoughton: 20-min drive
- Buck n Honey’s Monona – a 20-min walk
- Starbucks Monona – a 7-min walk
- Ellie’s Cafe – a 5-min walk
- Lake Monona Bike Loop near Breakwater Restaurant: an 8-min bike ride
- Downtown Madison: a 27-min bike ride