Monona Farmers Market
2021 Updates & Safety Measures
Faced with restrictions and social distancing measures implemented in the COVID 19 Safer-At-Home orders, the volunteer Monona Farmers Market Board developed an operational plan detailing how volunteer workers and vendors could safely conduct sales. Approval for the plan was granted by Public Health Madison and Dane County and the Monona City Council.
Over the years, the Monona Farmers Market has established itself as an award winning market, last year proudly receiving Best of Madison Gold award.
This year, the same quality of goods and services will be offered only in a different way. Approximately twenty-four returning market vendors will continue to offer top quality fresh, local produce, meat, cheese, eggs, honey, baked goods, salsa, spices, popcorn, soaps and plants.
Safety and Guidelines
Products will be sold following the Dane Forward and UW Extension guidelines.
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- There will be an entrance and an exit with hand washing stations for vendors and customers.
- This is a one-way, walk-through market to keep foot traffic moving. (Of course, you can go around as many times as you want!)
- Face masks are required for patrons over 2 years old.
- Vendors will be spaced to allow customers to maintain safe distance from each other.
- Practice social distancing.
- Limit number of people in your group attending.
- As always, pets are not allowed.
- To maximize safety there will be no picnic tables, no food sampling, or eating at the market.
- Only vendors will touch products until sold.
- Signs and volunteers will help with new practices.
Our vendors sell locally-grown seasonal produce, plants, herbs and flowers, baked goods, cheese, meats, honey, preserved foods, soap, candles, and more.
Great Location & Easy Parking
The market is located at Ahuska Park, 400 E. Broadway. Free parking and bike racks are located adjacent to the vendors’ stalls. Ahuska Park includes a playground. Parking is free.
EBT & Double Dollars Accepted
To make healthy, local food available to everyone, EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is available again this year.
The Double Dollars Program, a farmers market incentive program will be available July 5.
SNAP participants also qualify for Double Dollars at The Monona Farmers Market. Learn more.
Gift Certificates Available
Gift Certificates are available at the Market Tent weekly or Contact the Market Manager.
Only service dogs are allowed at the Monona Farmers Market.
For general questions or volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.