Monona Farmers Market
2021 Market Opens May 2
Over the years, the Monona Farmers Market has established itself as an award winning market, last year proudly receiving Best of Madison Gold award.
This year, the same quality of goods and services will be offered only in a different way to follow public safety guidelines.
Over thirty vendors will continue to offer top quality fresh, local produce, meat, cheese, eggs, honey, baked goods, salsa, spices, popcorn, soaps and plants.
Safety and Guidelines
Based upon Public Health Madison & Dane County and Department of Health Services guidance, the Monona Farmers Market will follow these guidelines:
- At the farmer’s market, it is not possible to maintain physical distancing at all times, therefore masks are required for all vendors, volunteers, and patrons over 5 years of age.
- Musicians playing at the market will be allowed to remove their masks during performances, as the performance area will be set back more than 6 feet.
- There will be an entrance and an exit with hand washing stations for vendors and customers.
- This is a one-way, walk-through market to keep foot traffic moving. (Of course, you can go around as many times as you want!)
- Vendors will be spaced to allow customers to maintain safe distance from each other.
- Practice social distancing.
- As always, pets are not allowed.
- To maximize safety there will be no picnic tables, no food sampling, or eating at the market.
- Only vendors will touch products until sold.
- Signs and volunteers will help with new practices.
Our vendors sell locally-grown seasonal produce, plants, herbs and flowers, baked goods, cheese, meats, honey, preserved foods, soap, candles, and more.
Great Location & Easy Parking
The market is located at Ahuska Park, 400 E. Broadway. Free parking and bike racks are located adjacent to the vendors’ stalls. Ahuska Park includes a playground. Parking is free.
SNAP/Food Share & Double Dollars
The Double Dollars Program, a farmers market incentive program, will be available July 5.
SNAP participants also qualify for Double Dollars at The Monona Farmers Market. Learn more.
Gift Certificates Available
Gift Certificates are available at the Market Tent weekly or Contact the Market Manager.
Only service dogs are allowed at the Monona Farmers Market.
For general questions or volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.