Skip to content
FOOD SOURCE AND SAFETY
- Foods must be fresh and not from a wholesaler.
- Owner or seller designee is expected to be at the booth. Seller designee needs to be knowledgeable about the product and/or processing.
- When vendors are approved to sell at the market they are approved with a specific product mix. If the product mix expands, the vendor will need approval of new items in advance of selling them.
- Vendors selling processed foods need to follow all current State of Wisconsin rules and regulations.
- Vendors who sign up and pay the entire season fee in advance for a single stall receive a DISCOUNT of $60, paying only $200 instead of $260.
- If vendors pay weekly the single stall fee is $10/week, for a total of $260.
- Vendor fee for restaurants with the valid license pay $15 for a single stall. (See mobile food establishment policy.)
- Vendors who do not sell the entire season pay the flat rate of $10 per week .
- Vendors are expected to make all efforts of notifying the Market Manager at least one week in advance of an absence. If a vendor fails to notify the Market Manager of an absence for 2 consecutive weeks, or 4 or more markets in non-consecutive weeks, the Steering Committee reserves the right to remove them from the market and assign their space to another vendor.
- Vendor booths are to be well maintained. Each vendor is responsible for cleaning up his or her own booth area and disposing of organic matter. General trash can be placed in containers provided and will be picked up by the City of Monona.
- Vendors are expected to arrive at the market by 8:45 am and stay until 1:00 pm unless their product sells out or they make prior arrangements with the Market Manager.
- Quiet-running gas generators may be approved on a case-by-case basis. Electricity is available in some locations of the market, if needed should be stated on the application.
- We reserve the right to select or refuse any vendors.
- Vendors are responsible to the MARKET for any loss, personal injury, deaths, and/or any other damage that may occur as a result of the vendor’s negligence or that of its, agents, and employees, and hereby agree to indemnify and save the MARKET harmless from any loss, cost, damages, and other expenses, including attorneys’ fees, suffered or incurred by the MARKET by reasons of the vendors’ negligence or that of its agents and employees.
- Vendors are responsible for their own personal and business liability insurance and are required to provide the Monona Farmers’ Market Inc. with a copy of that insurance policy.
- Failure to meet any of these rules may result in your being asked to leave and not allowed back this season.